- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Author Archives: laurapattara
25th June: Krabi “Would you like a coffee?” The custom officer politely asks as he takes the papers from our hands. “Coffee??!!” Chris and I answer in unison, with what can only appear, to an outsider, as utterly idiotic expressions. … Continue reading
After just a little bit of nagging, zee in-house accountant has finally found some time to get some new trip stats together. Yey for nagging! If you recall, when we left Germany on 12 September 2012, we estimated that we … Continue reading
There’s a dead man lying in the gutter. A red cloth napkin covers his face. He’s wearing a colourful floral shirt, the kind which seem to be a big hit here with foreigners. I can tell he’s a Westerner because … Continue reading
Hi everybody! I’d say it’s time again to post some “practical info” for all the overlanders amongst us 🙂 And I have a bit of good news to share with you! Hendrik, a friend from Dali in China, has just written … Continue reading
I almost can’t believe it. I read and re-read the message posted online, yet after further research, it seems to be true. The car ferry between Sudan and Egypt, crossing Lake Nasser, is no longer. The road is now open. … Continue reading
‘What is WRONG with you??! Don’t you understand I’m a V.E.G.E.T.A.R.I.AN.?!’ the pretty blonde Swedish girl screams out at the top of her lungs. Skinny mamma, the owner of the local eatery, just looks at her bewildered then shrugs her … Continue reading
Waking up to the news that a gunman or several gunmen were holding hostages in one of my favourite cafes in Sydney’s city centre had me gasping. ‘Here it is’ I thought ‘Here is the attack we’ve all been waiting … Continue reading
We spend leisurely days in Luang Prabang, the reputed tourist hub of Lao and our official gateway to South East Asia. We’ve already been in the country for over a month and are only starting to feel well rested. China … Continue reading
Hi again everyone, hope this finds you well, happy and (half-way) informed about the ins and outs of overlanding in China independently. With this post I hope to answer all the remaining questions you may have about your own adventurous … Continue reading
I received a lovely email yesterday, from a fellow overlander who referred to his own recent guided tour of China as ‘the old fashioned way’. It made me smile 🙂 Indeed, China is opening up to foreign overland tourism and … Continue reading