- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
- Up Shit Creek Without a Paddle (or a Ferry to Tasmania)
- Overlanding Southeast Asia – The Idyllic Dream That Never Really Was
- Cruising the Komodo Islands – the Good, the Bad and the Utterly Unforgettable
- Our “totally cool jungle off-road” adventure in Sumatra
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Category Archives: Overlanding
‘I have a crazy story for you…’ I told the young police constable behind the desk. ‘Oh goodie!’ he replies ‘I love crazy stories!’ And so it begins. The long and arduous task to try and locate the individual who, … Continue reading
“She’s dead. Pixie is dead. We’re not going anywhere.” I let that thought sink in for just a moment, before I throw myself on the ground, right there on the footpath, and proceed to have the mother of all hissy … Continue reading
A stellar boat trip through this UNESCO heritage listed Komodo National Park is an experience none of us will forget in a hurry. These are a few snippets of our life at sea… … We fought hard to secure a … Continue reading
This was never meant to be a gargantuan off-roading adventure. This was meant to be a shortcut. With the added bonus of a change of scenery, perhaps, but a simple shortcut nonetheless. Leaving our friends heading for Banda Aceh and … Continue reading
I’ve been meaning to blog this guide for months (March 2016 update – make that a year), ever since I compiled it for a fellow overlanding couple who was following on our tyre-tracks back in 2015! Considering the fact I’ve … Continue reading
I’m under no illusion that my travel experiences, in some of the world’s most popular destinations, have a lot to do with the time of year in which I visited. This is why I was stoked a few weeks ago, … Continue reading
I woke up this morning realising that we covered more kilometres during our 8-week traverse of China, in 2014, than during the last 12 months in Southeast Asia. The thought made me smile. Travel. It’s bloody brilliant no matter how … Continue reading
I really didn’t need a Harvard psychologist to convince me of the fact that the only predictable thing, in life, is its unpredictability. However, as I watched Dan Gilbert’s Ted Talk, The Psychology of your Future Self the other night, … Continue reading
We’re currently travelling through Southeast Asia at a time of year when many fellow travellers are keeping well away. The weather is crap, the heat unbearable and humidity stifling. As most overlanders know, the trick to keeping up this luxurious … Continue reading
25th June: Krabi “Would you like a coffee?” The custom officer politely asks as he takes the papers from our hands. “Coffee??!!” Chris and I answer in unison, with what can only appear, to an outsider, as utterly idiotic expressions. … Continue reading