- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Category Archives: Travel Guides
Our “totally cool jungle off-road” adventure in Sumatra
This was never meant to be a gargantuan off-roading adventure. This was meant to be a shortcut. With the added bonus of a change of scenery, perhaps, but a simple shortcut nonetheless. Leaving our friends heading for Banda Aceh and … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding, Travel Guides Tagged adventure travel, Blangkejeren, BMW F650, curiosity, discovery, explore, Indonesia, Indonesia off-road, journey, long-term travel, motorbike travel, overlanding, struggles, Sumatra, Sumatra mountain road, Tapaktuan, Terangon road, Travel, world trip 6 Comments
Best Guide to Southern Laos Highlights (no, really!)
I’ve been meaning to blog this guide for months (March 2016 update – make that a year), ever since I compiled it for a fellow overlanding couple who was following on our tyre-tracks back in 2015! Considering the fact I’ve … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding, Travel Guides, Uncategorized Tagged adventure travel, Bolaven Plateau, Guide to southern Laos, Konglor Cave, Laos, Laos travel guide, Luang Prabang, motorbike trip, Nirvana Lodge, overlanding, Tad Lo Falls, Thakhek, Travel, travel guide, UXO, Vietnam War, Vietntiane, world trip 4 Comments
Visit Hong Kong: A Captivating City Where it Costs More to Bury the Dead than House the Living
I’m under no illusion that my travel experiences, in some of the world’s most popular destinations, have a lot to do with the time of year in which I visited. This is why I was stoked a few weeks ago, … Continue reading