- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hi everybody! I’d say it’s time again to post some “practical info” for all the overlanders amongst us 🙂 And I have a bit of good news to share with you! Hendrik, a friend from Dali in China, has just written … Continue reading
No matter what anyone tries to tell you, trust me when I say that patience is not an inherent trait, but rather a learned one. Learning it, however, is not nearly as easy as it sounds. After almost a decade … Continue reading
As we ride our bikes off the Caspian Sea freighter ship we are immediately greeted by two local Kazakh customs officers. My first impression is one of bewilderment…they look nothing like Borat. To my prejudiced Sydney-raised eyes, I’d say they … Continue reading
‘You should be able to board the ferry to Kazakhstan in about 20 minutes’ said the friendly port guard in Baku. Just a wee while later, while I’m hopping on the spot trying keep my nipples from freezing right off, … Continue reading
Scroll through your Facebook timeline on any given day and, if you’re anything like me, you’re bound to come across a myriad of inspirational memes and quotes aimed at enlightening you as to how best achieve life-long happiness and fulfilment. … Continue reading
When I first received news I’d been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award I admit…I was a little sceptical. ‘Bloggers awarding other bloggers’ seemed a little too narcissistic for my liking, although the little voice inside my head was mighty chuffed … Continue reading
‘How on earth do you travel on such a low budget?’ must be the single, most recurring question Chris and I get on the road. I guess it’s almost mind-boggling to hear that the amount of money we each need … Continue reading