- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
- Up Shit Creek Without a Paddle (or a Ferry to Tasmania)
- Overlanding Southeast Asia – The Idyllic Dream That Never Really Was
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: adventure
We spend our evenings counting stars and spotting satellites, soaking up the refreshing chill in the air that finally sets in about an hour after sunset. Traveling through the north-western outback in Australia, in winter, is a traveller’s dream. There … Continue reading
Three months. Just three months have passed since my last blog and our resurrection of Pixie…and I’m experiencing a severe case of dejapoo. I have a feeling we’ve been through this shit before… Our travels over the last three months … Continue reading
“She’s dead. Pixie is dead. We’re not going anywhere.” I let that thought sink in for just a moment, before I throw myself on the ground, right there on the footpath, and proceed to have the mother of all hissy … Continue reading
A stellar boat trip through this UNESCO heritage listed Komodo National Park is an experience none of us will forget in a hurry. These are a few snippets of our life at sea… … We fought hard to secure a … Continue reading
I’m under no illusion that my travel experiences, in some of the world’s most popular destinations, have a lot to do with the time of year in which I visited. This is why I was stoked a few weeks ago, … Continue reading
As we’re inching closer to Australia, the hot topic around our camp stove these days is: where would we want to settle? As much as I love Sydney, I know I could never live there again. After I last visited … Continue reading
The housekeeper walks in, takes one quick glance at the living room, declares the whole apartment ‘sparkly clean’ and proceeds to unpack two bags full of groceries. Apparently, we’re cooking curry today…and who’d dare argue with that? Sanra is not … Continue reading
Contrary to what you may think, I’m not immune to the odd travel faux pas here and there, despite my many years of practice. My bouts of foot-in-mouth disease may have decreased in the last few years yet try as … Continue reading
Siem Reap is the undisputed tourist-queen of Cambodia and home to the UNESCO-listed Angkor Archaeological Park, once the heart and soul of the ancient Khmer Empire. You would expect that such a popular, special place would be brimming with amazing … Continue reading
We’re currently travelling through Southeast Asia at a time of year when many fellow travellers are keeping well away. The weather is crap, the heat unbearable and humidity stifling. As most overlanders know, the trick to keeping up this luxurious … Continue reading