- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: Baku
Azerbaijan to Kazakhstan ferry ride: a never ending story
Scurvy!!! That’s it! I’ve been racking my brain for ten minutes trying to remember what disease one gets when one is stuck at sea for months on end. Finally I remember: it’s scurvy. If I’m not mistaken, scurvy is an … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding Tagged adventure, adventure travel, Aktau Port, Azerbaijan, Baku, BMW F650, Caspian Sea ferry, explore, journey, Kazakhstan, long-term travel, motorbike trip, Overland, travel guide, world trip 3 Comments
From Georgia to Azerbaijan on frayed nerves
‘You should be able to board the ferry to Kazakhstan in about 20 minutes’ said the friendly port guard in Baku. Just a wee while later, while I’m hopping on the spot trying keep my nipples from freezing right off, … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding, Uncategorized Tagged Azerbaijan border crossing, Azerbaijan visa, Baku, Central Asia, motorbike trip, overland travel, Qobustan 5 Comments