- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
- Up Shit Creek Without a Paddle (or a Ferry to Tasmania)
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: China
I’m under no illusion that my travel experiences, in some of the world’s most popular destinations, have a lot to do with the time of year in which I visited. This is why I was stoked a few weeks ago, … Continue reading
Hi again everyone, hope this finds you well, happy and (half-way) informed about the ins and outs of overlanding in China independently. With this post I hope to answer all the remaining questions you may have about your own adventurous … Continue reading
I received a lovely email yesterday, from a fellow overlander who referred to his own recent guided tour of China as ‘the old fashioned way’. It made me smile 🙂 Indeed, China is opening up to foreign overland tourism and … Continue reading
We love the food in China. We really do. After enduring months on end of bland grub and unidentifiable meats in Central Asia we are absolutely relishing the taste sensations here. Everything is fresh caught, slaughtered or picked, cooked to … Continue reading
Crossing into China’s westernmost province, from Kyrgyzstan, was never going to be a simple affair. Due to ongoing ethnic tensions there, and recent surge in sporadic violence between government forces and the Uighur Muslim minority, regulations state that foreigners driving … Continue reading