- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: curiosity
Life on the road has substantial challenges – as all overlanders know far too well – yet never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that the hardest challenge I’d ever face would come from the inside. I mean this … Continue reading
As it turns out, I’m getting bored of travelling by motorbike. There, I’ve said it. Am I allowed to say that?! It seems not. Most times I dare say that to fellow travelling bikers we meet on the road, they’re … Continue reading
We spend our evenings counting stars and spotting satellites, soaking up the refreshing chill in the air that finally sets in about an hour after sunset. Traveling through the north-western outback in Australia, in winter, is a traveller’s dream. There … Continue reading
‘I have a crazy story for you…’ I told the young police constable behind the desk. ‘Oh goodie!’ he replies ‘I love crazy stories!’ And so it begins. The long and arduous task to try and locate the individual who, … Continue reading
**I’ve been a little quiet on the blog front in the last 12 months, choosing to only post a few fluffy bits and pieces as the months progressed. It wasn’t by accident, I can assure you. But Southeast Asia is … Continue reading
This was never meant to be a gargantuan off-roading adventure. This was meant to be a shortcut. With the added bonus of a change of scenery, perhaps, but a simple shortcut nonetheless. Leaving our friends heading for Banda Aceh and … Continue reading
I’m under no illusion that my travel experiences, in some of the world’s most popular destinations, have a lot to do with the time of year in which I visited. This is why I was stoked a few weeks ago, … Continue reading
I woke up this morning realising that we covered more kilometres during our 8-week traverse of China, in 2014, than during the last 12 months in Southeast Asia. The thought made me smile. Travel. It’s bloody brilliant no matter how … Continue reading
‘You’ll LOOOOOVE the guesthouse’ he said ‘It’s completely surrounded by nature’ he said. This is like that time he told me: ‘Oh, you’ve never ridden a big motorbike before? Only a scooter? Aaahhh…don’t worry…it’s same same!’ And then I am … Continue reading
As we’re inching closer to Australia, the hot topic around our camp stove these days is: where would we want to settle? As much as I love Sydney, I know I could never live there again. After I last visited … Continue reading