- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: emotional drawback
Life on the road has substantial challenges – as all overlanders know far too well – yet never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that the hardest challenge I’d ever face would come from the inside. I mean this … Continue reading
As it turns out, I’m getting bored of travelling by motorbike. There, I’ve said it. Am I allowed to say that?! It seems not. Most times I dare say that to fellow travelling bikers we meet on the road, they’re … Continue reading
Three months. Just three months have passed since my last blog and our resurrection of Pixie…and I’m experiencing a severe case of dejapoo. I have a feeling we’ve been through this shit before… Our travels over the last three months … Continue reading
There’s a dead man lying in the gutter. A red cloth napkin covers his face. He’s wearing a colourful floral shirt, the kind which seem to be a big hit here with foreigners. I can tell he’s a Westerner because … Continue reading
‘What is WRONG with you??! Don’t you understand I’m a V.E.G.E.T.A.R.I.AN.?!’ the pretty blonde Swedish girl screams out at the top of her lungs. Skinny mamma, the owner of the local eatery, just looks at her bewildered then shrugs her … Continue reading
Kyrgyzstan is a land of unexpected surprises. One certainly wouldn’t know it by just looking at it on a map or by basing one’s assumptions on visits to any of the other Stans in Central Asia. Everything from the culture, … Continue reading
One need not be a Guantanamo Bay detainee to understand that having minimal social interaction can wreck havoc on one’s mental health. There is a very good reason why the use of solitary confinement is still widespread the world over … Continue reading
The aroma of vanilla, cinnamon and chocolate wafts through the living room, and as I lean back on my recliner, waiting for an enormous batch of Nigella Lawson’s really chocolatey chocolate-chip cookies to bake, I check my emails on my … Continue reading
Scroll through your Facebook timeline on any given day and, if you’re anything like me, you’re bound to come across a myriad of inspirational memes and quotes aimed at enlightening you as to how best achieve life-long happiness and fulfilment. … Continue reading
Long-term travel comes with its fair share of hardships, yet more often than not it’s the physical challenges which tend to attract primary attention. ‘Don’t you get tired of travelling non-stop?’ Chris and I are frequently asked, or ‘Don’t you … Continue reading