- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: emotional struggles
One need not be a Guantanamo Bay detainee to understand that having minimal social interaction can wreck havoc on one’s mental health. There is a very good reason why the use of solitary confinement is still widespread the world over … Continue reading
Far be it for me to judge why anyone wants to travel; whenever I hear of someone setting off on a journey, my instinctive reaction is to simply hail a quiet hallelujah and wish them a heartfelt bon voyage. I … Continue reading
The aroma of vanilla, cinnamon and chocolate wafts through the living room, and as I lean back on my recliner, waiting for an enormous batch of Nigella Lawson’s really chocolatey chocolate-chip cookies to bake, I check my emails on my … Continue reading
As we crossed the border from Syria to Turkey I had only one thing in mind: I wanted to find a campsite with a huge TV screen showing the Football World Cup. I was an Italian on a mission. My … Continue reading
Scroll through your Facebook timeline on any given day and, if you’re anything like me, you’re bound to come across a myriad of inspirational memes and quotes aimed at enlightening you as to how best achieve life-long happiness and fulfilment. … Continue reading
Long-term travel comes with its fair share of hardships, yet more often than not it’s the physical challenges which tend to attract primary attention. ‘Don’t you get tired of travelling non-stop?’ Chris and I are frequently asked, or ‘Don’t you … Continue reading