- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: Europe
Istanbul…through the viewfinder
I’m not one usually lost for words, some will say, yet as I contemplate our week spent in Istanbul it seems a verbal rendition of our experience just won’t cut it. Before arriving, I’d simply assumed that Turkey’s biggest problems … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding Tagged adventure, adventure travel, Blue Mosque, BMW F650, Bosphorus, curiosity, discovery, Dolmabahce Palace, Europe, explore, Gezi Park, Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, journey, Overland, Taksim Square, Travel, travel guide, Turkey, world trip 7 Comments
It all comes from the Greek…
Reading my last blog about Greece, one would think that all we did there was gorge. Yes, that is technically correct, however being the cunning multitasking foxes we are, Chris and I managed to eat and make plentiful observations during … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding Tagged adventure, adventure travel, Athens, BMW F650, curiosity, discovery, Europe, explore, Greece, Greek food, journey, motorbike trip, Overland, struggles, Travel, travel guide, world trip 6 Comments
Greece is the word (you’re the souvlaki that I want)!
I hate Greece. No, let me rephrase that: my hips hate Greece. Actually, to be completely honest, my hips wouldn’t even mind the country so much, if it wasn’t for the fact they need to squeeze themselves into a pair … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding Tagged Acropolis, adventure, adventure travel, Athens, BMW F650, curiosity, discovery, Europe, explore, Greece, Greek food, journey, motorbike trip, Olympia, Overland, Peloponnese, Travel, travel writing, world trip Leave a comment
Italy Part 3: a Heavenly Pause for Reflection
I recently watched a video from some esoteric guru who claimed that the ‘present’ is the only thing one should concentrate on. According to him, the past is irrelevant and the future so unreliable as to be almost non-existent. Not … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding Tagged adventure, BMW F650, curiosity, discovery, Europe, explore, Florence, Italy, journey, motorbike trip, Overland, struggles, Travel, Venice, world trip Leave a comment