- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: explore
As we’re inching closer to Australia, the hot topic around our camp stove these days is: where would we want to settle? As much as I love Sydney, I know I could never live there again. After I last visited … Continue reading
The housekeeper walks in, takes one quick glance at the living room, declares the whole apartment ‘sparkly clean’ and proceeds to unpack two bags full of groceries. Apparently, we’re cooking curry today…and who’d dare argue with that? Sanra is not … Continue reading
Contrary to what you may think, I’m not immune to the odd travel faux pas here and there, despite my many years of practice. My bouts of foot-in-mouth disease may have decreased in the last few years yet try as … Continue reading
The Grand Palace is, to Bangkok, what the Colosseum is to Rome: the epitome symbol of its ancient civilization. A visit is an absolute must, although it could be chaotic, tiring and quite overwhelming, Crowds here are phenomenal, especially in … Continue reading
Siem Reap is the undisputed tourist-queen of Cambodia and home to the UNESCO-listed Angkor Archaeological Park, once the heart and soul of the ancient Khmer Empire. You would expect that such a popular, special place would be brimming with amazing … Continue reading
We’re currently travelling through Southeast Asia at a time of year when many fellow travellers are keeping well away. The weather is crap, the heat unbearable and humidity stifling. As most overlanders know, the trick to keeping up this luxurious … Continue reading
After just a little bit of nagging, zee in-house accountant has finally found some time to get some new trip stats together. Yey for nagging! If you recall, when we left Germany on 12 September 2012, we estimated that we … Continue reading
There’s a dead man lying in the gutter. A red cloth napkin covers his face. He’s wearing a colourful floral shirt, the kind which seem to be a big hit here with foreigners. I can tell he’s a Westerner because … Continue reading
I almost can’t believe it. I read and re-read the message posted online, yet after further research, it seems to be true. The car ferry between Sudan and Egypt, crossing Lake Nasser, is no longer. The road is now open. … Continue reading