- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: Luang Prabang
Best Guide to Southern Laos Highlights (no, really!)
I’ve been meaning to blog this guide for months (March 2016 update – make that a year), ever since I compiled it for a fellow overlanding couple who was following on our tyre-tracks back in 2015! Considering the fact I’ve … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding, Travel Guides, Uncategorized Tagged adventure travel, Bolaven Plateau, Guide to southern Laos, Konglor Cave, Laos, Laos travel guide, Luang Prabang, motorbike trip, Nirvana Lodge, overlanding, Tad Lo Falls, Thakhek, Travel, travel guide, UXO, Vietnam War, Vietntiane, world trip 4 Comments
Lao: a country tolerating itself into oblivion
‘What is WRONG with you??! Don’t you understand I’m a V.E.G.E.T.A.R.I.AN.?!’ the pretty blonde Swedish girl screams out at the top of her lungs. Skinny mamma, the owner of the local eatery, just looks at her bewildered then shrugs her … Continue reading
Posted in current affairs, Overlanding Tagged adventure, adventure travel, discovery, emotional drawback, foreign aid, human trafficking, Laos, Luang Prabang, poverty, prostitution, Vang Vieng 14 Comments
Lao and its dirty, evil, little secret
We spend leisurely days in Luang Prabang, the reputed tourist hub of Lao and our official gateway to South East Asia. We’ve already been in the country for over a month and are only starting to feel well rested. China … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding Tagged adventure, adventure travel, BMW F650, bombies, cluster bomb, discovery, emotional struggles, explore, journey, Laos, Luang Namtha, Luang Prabang, motorbike trip, Muang Ngoi, Nong Khiaw, Overland, Secret War, USA, UXO 10 Comments