- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: overlanding China
Siem Reap is the undisputed tourist-queen of Cambodia and home to the UNESCO-listed Angkor Archaeological Park, once the heart and soul of the ancient Khmer Empire. You would expect that such a popular, special place would be brimming with amazing … Continue reading
25th June: Krabi “Would you like a coffee?” The custom officer politely asks as he takes the papers from our hands. “Coffee??!!” Chris and I answer in unison, with what can only appear, to an outsider, as utterly idiotic expressions. … Continue reading
After just a little bit of nagging, zee in-house accountant has finally found some time to get some new trip stats together. Yey for nagging! If you recall, when we left Germany on 12 September 2012, we estimated that we … Continue reading
Hi again everyone, hope this finds you well, happy and (half-way) informed about the ins and outs of overlanding in China independently. With this post I hope to answer all the remaining questions you may have about your own adventurous … Continue reading
I received a lovely email yesterday, from a fellow overlander who referred to his own recent guided tour of China as ‘the old fashioned way’. It made me smile 🙂 Indeed, China is opening up to foreign overland tourism and … Continue reading
EDIT March 2015: please refer to the latest blog post about agencies helping overlanders cross through China unguided, after reading this! After our unforgettable and blissfully unguided self-drive traverse of China (and countless requests for more details from fellow travellers) … Continue reading
Something’s not quite right. As I slowly awaken from my slumber and notice the day’s first light peeking through our window, the only thing I hear are birds chirping. Even though we’re staying in a guesthouse…there’s no shouting, no slamming … Continue reading