- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: poverty
Lao: a country tolerating itself into oblivion
‘What is WRONG with you??! Don’t you understand I’m a V.E.G.E.T.A.R.I.AN.?!’ the pretty blonde Swedish girl screams out at the top of her lungs. Skinny mamma, the owner of the local eatery, just looks at her bewildered then shrugs her … Continue reading
Posted in current affairs, Overlanding Tagged adventure, adventure travel, discovery, emotional drawback, foreign aid, human trafficking, Laos, Luang Prabang, poverty, prostitution, Vang Vieng 14 Comments
Going Bonkers in the Balkans-Part1
CROATIA & BOSNIA (& Herzegovina) The weather gods decide to cut us a much-needed break. After suffering the pits of hell through the coldest and longest winter in Europe in over a century, our spirits are lifted the moment we … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding Tagged adventure, adventure travel, BMW F650, Bosnia, Croatia, curiosity, discovery, explore, journey, motorbike trip, Overland, poverty, struggles, Travel, travel writing, world trip 4 Comments