- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
- Up Shit Creek Without a Paddle (or a Ferry to Tasmania)
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: struggles
As it turns out, I’m getting bored of travelling by motorbike. There, I’ve said it. Am I allowed to say that?! It seems not. Most times I dare say that to fellow travelling bikers we meet on the road, they’re … Continue reading
We spend our evenings counting stars and spotting satellites, soaking up the refreshing chill in the air that finally sets in about an hour after sunset. Traveling through the north-western outback in Australia, in winter, is a traveller’s dream. There … Continue reading
Three months. Just three months have passed since my last blog and our resurrection of Pixie…and I’m experiencing a severe case of dejapoo. I have a feeling we’ve been through this shit before… Our travels over the last three months … Continue reading
‘I have a crazy story for you…’ I told the young police constable behind the desk. ‘Oh goodie!’ he replies ‘I love crazy stories!’ And so it begins. The long and arduous task to try and locate the individual who, … Continue reading
**I’ve been a little quiet on the blog front in the last 12 months, choosing to only post a few fluffy bits and pieces as the months progressed. It wasn’t by accident, I can assure you. But Southeast Asia is … Continue reading
This was never meant to be a gargantuan off-roading adventure. This was meant to be a shortcut. With the added bonus of a change of scenery, perhaps, but a simple shortcut nonetheless. Leaving our friends heading for Banda Aceh and … Continue reading
I woke up this morning realising that we covered more kilometres during our 8-week traverse of China, in 2014, than during the last 12 months in Southeast Asia. The thought made me smile. Travel. It’s bloody brilliant no matter how … Continue reading
‘You’ll LOOOOOVE the guesthouse’ he said ‘It’s completely surrounded by nature’ he said. This is like that time he told me: ‘Oh, you’ve never ridden a big motorbike before? Only a scooter? Aaahhh…don’t worry…it’s same same!’ And then I am … Continue reading
Contrary to what you may think, I’m not immune to the odd travel faux pas here and there, despite my many years of practice. My bouts of foot-in-mouth disease may have decreased in the last few years yet try as … Continue reading
We’re currently travelling through Southeast Asia at a time of year when many fellow travellers are keeping well away. The weather is crap, the heat unbearable and humidity stifling. As most overlanders know, the trick to keeping up this luxurious … Continue reading