- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
- Up Shit Creek Without a Paddle (or a Ferry to Tasmania)
- Overlanding Southeast Asia – The Idyllic Dream That Never Really Was
- Cruising the Komodo Islands – the Good, the Bad and the Utterly Unforgettable
- Our “totally cool jungle off-road” adventure in Sumatra
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: struggles
‘I have a crazy story for you…’ I told the young police constable behind the desk. ‘Oh goodie!’ he replies ‘I love crazy stories!’ And so it begins. The long and arduous task to try and locate the individual who, … Continue reading
**I’ve been a little quiet on the blog front in the last 12 months, choosing to only post a few fluffy bits and pieces as the months progressed. It wasn’t by accident, I can assure you. But Southeast Asia is … Continue reading
This was never meant to be a gargantuan off-roading adventure. This was meant to be a shortcut. With the added bonus of a change of scenery, perhaps, but a simple shortcut nonetheless. Leaving our friends heading for Banda Aceh and … Continue reading
I woke up this morning realising that we covered more kilometres during our 8-week traverse of China, in 2014, than during the last 12 months in Southeast Asia. The thought made me smile. Travel. It’s bloody brilliant no matter how … Continue reading
‘You’ll LOOOOOVE the guesthouse’ he said ‘It’s completely surrounded by nature’ he said. This is like that time he told me: ‘Oh, you’ve never ridden a big motorbike before? Only a scooter? Aaahhh…don’t worry…it’s same same!’ And then I am … Continue reading
Contrary to what you may think, I’m not immune to the odd travel faux pas here and there, despite my many years of practice. My bouts of foot-in-mouth disease may have decreased in the last few years yet try as … Continue reading
We’re currently travelling through Southeast Asia at a time of year when many fellow travellers are keeping well away. The weather is crap, the heat unbearable and humidity stifling. As most overlanders know, the trick to keeping up this luxurious … Continue reading
25th June: Krabi “Would you like a coffee?” The custom officer politely asks as he takes the papers from our hands. “Coffee??!!” Chris and I answer in unison, with what can only appear, to an outsider, as utterly idiotic expressions. … Continue reading
There’s a dead man lying in the gutter. A red cloth napkin covers his face. He’s wearing a colourful floral shirt, the kind which seem to be a big hit here with foreigners. I can tell he’s a Westerner because … Continue reading
Hi again everyone, hope this finds you well, happy and (half-way) informed about the ins and outs of overlanding in China independently. With this post I hope to answer all the remaining questions you may have about your own adventurous … Continue reading