- © Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of ANY material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Pattara and Laura's Travel Tales with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Woman’s Life on the Road – When Hormones Stop You Dead in Your Tracks
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
- When the shit hits the fan – just open your arms wide, shut your trap, and go with the flow
- Getting nowhere fast. That’s travelling in Australia for ya!
Pocketguide für Globetrotter
Chris’ Best-selling Travel Book
Go to Horizons Unlimited, the website that's all about motorcycle travel. Travellers Community, Bike Travel information on the Bulletin Board, free Monthly Motorcycle Travel E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!
Tag Archives: travel budget guide
That’s The Funny Thing About Overlanding Australia…
We spend our evenings counting stars and spotting satellites, soaking up the refreshing chill in the air that finally sets in about an hour after sunset. Traveling through the north-western outback in Australia, in winter, is a traveller’s dream. There … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding, Uncategorized Tagged adventure, adventure travel, Aussie Outback, BMW F650, Coral Bay, curiosity, discovery, Exmouth, explore, journey, Karijini national Park, long-term travel, motorbike travel, motorbike trip, Overland, overland Australia, overlanding, Pilbara, struggles, Travel, travel budget guide, travel guide, world trip Leave a comment
Cruising the Komodo Islands – the Good, the Bad and the Utterly Unforgettable
A stellar boat trip through this UNESCO heritage listed Komodo National Park is an experience none of us will forget in a hurry. These are a few snippets of our life at sea… … We fought hard to secure a … Continue reading
Hipmunk City Love: How to Survive a Visit to Bangkok’s Grand Palace
The Grand Palace is, to Bangkok, what the Colosseum is to Rome: the epitome symbol of its ancient civilization. A visit is an absolute must, although it could be chaotic, tiring and quite overwhelming, Crowds here are phenomenal, especially in … Continue reading
Overlanding in Low Season?! You bet!
We’re currently travelling through Southeast Asia at a time of year when many fellow travellers are keeping well away. The weather is crap, the heat unbearable and humidity stifling. As most overlanders know, the trick to keeping up this luxurious … Continue reading
Germany to Thailand-TRIP STATS-Day 960
After just a little bit of nagging, zee in-house accountant has finally found some time to get some new trip stats together. Yey for nagging! If you recall, when we left Germany on 12 September 2012, we estimated that we … Continue reading
Overlanding on a shoestring (or by the last thread of your underpants)
‘How on earth do you travel on such a low budget?’ must be the single, most recurring question Chris and I get on the road. I guess it’s almost mind-boggling to hear that the amount of money we each need … Continue reading
Posted in Overlanding, Uncategorized Tagged adventure, adventure travel, BMW F650, curiosity, discovery, explore, journey, motorbike trip, Overland, struggles, travel budget guide, travel guide, world trip 2 Comments